Breast augmentation is the #1 plastic surgery procedure for women in the United States, and it continues to grow in popularity. If you are seeking more fullness or an improved balance for your figure, this procedure can accomplish just that. In addition, breast augmentation can greatly enhance your self-image and self-confidence.
Dr. John Millard is Denver’s foremost expert in the field of cosmetic enhancement. A board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Millard specializes in breast augmentation techniques that accentuate your best features. To learn how you can benefit from the most innovative techniques available, contact us online or call (303) 792-5665.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Sientra Breast Implants
- 3 Eligible Candidates
- 4 Private Consultation
- 5 Preparation and Procedure
- 6 Recovery and Results
- 7 FAQ
- 8 References
Before and After Photos
About Sientra Breast Implants
Dr. Millard exclusively uses state-of-the-art Sientra implants for many reasons, most of which center around his belief that they are the best and safest breast implant on the market.
Some of the more important reasons why Dr. Millard has chosen to use Sientra implants at his Colorado clinic:
- The first high-strength cohesive silicone gel implants to be FDA-approved.
- Many of these successes can be attributed to Sientra’s superior “Shell-to-Gel” adhesive process which is more resistant to folds and deformities and therefore less likely to fail and rupture.
- The rupture rate for primary breast augmentation after 5 years is 0.4% for the Sientra high-strength cohesive silicone gel implants. Compare that to a 5-year rupture rate of 6.2% for the Allergan style 410 implant.
You are an ideal candidate for breast augmentation in Denver if you are:
- Unhappy with your breast size
- Self-conscious about your breast appearance
- Desiring to fill out tight-fitting clothes and bathing suits
- Wanting to increase your breast firmness
- Looking to fix the symmetry of your breasts
- Experiencing a reduction in breast size due to external factors such as weight loss or post-pregnancy issues
Do you fall into any of these categories? If so, then you should consider scheduling a personal consultation with Dr. Millard. He can explain the treatment options that might be available to you and your unique physicality. Even if you meet one of the criteria above, a thorough examination is the only way to determine if you’re a qualified candidate for breast augmentation.
Dr. Millard is a student of the human form. He approaches each individual’s unique body shape and definition with an eye for artistry. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology and proprietary tools (only used at Millard Plastic Surgery), Dr. Millard can precisely measure your breast shape and any asymmetries to help you achieve your ideal breast enhancement goals.
Be prepared to share your detailed medical history with Dr. Millard. He will pay specific attention to your breast cancer risk. Most potential breast augmentation patients have a normal risk for breast cancer and will need nothing more than a mammogram if they are 35 years or older. For those patients that Dr. Millard determines might be at higher risk for breast cancer in their lifetime, he will refer them to a breast cancer risk specialist for further testing before proceeding with breast augmentation.
Dr. Millard will perform a detailed breast, chest and axillary examination. Millard Plastic Surgery uses many advanced technologies to help us determine the best individual plan for your breast enhancement in the Denver and Lone Tree vicinity.
Detailed Breast Measurements
Measurements help Dr. Millard determine the ideal range of sizes and projection from which the patient can choose. Sometimes, the doctor might determine whether minor additional procedures are needed to obtain the best result for you. Examples include:
- The possible need to lower the patient’s inframammary fold.
- The possible need for a “Dual Plane Technique” — A technique where some breast lifting can be accomplished internally through the same incision from which he performs the augmentation.
Dynamic 3-D Image Evaluation
Dr. Millard pioneered 3-D imaging as part of his sculpting evaluation. He can explore many variables that were previously overlooked in breast augmentation evaluation from years gone by. These include:
- The influence the pectorals muscle’s shape has on the breast’s shape through its movement.
- Dr. Millard can also study the influence the patient’s breast fat has on the shape of the breast. Using 3-D evaluation, we can help patients determine if any fat extraction (usually in the upper outer tail of the breast and/or axilla) or fat addition (to enhance cleavage, etc.) may be necessary.
- Preliminary breast implant sizing — Dr. Millard uses an extensive array of techniques to help patients choose their ideal size.
3-D Vectra Assessment
Millard Plastic Surgery is one of the few practices in the Denver metropolitan area to offer advanced Vectra technology.
- Accurately make breast measurements and determine subtle or not-so-subtle size differences. Vectra will aid your surgeon in choosing correctly sized implants, especially if two different sized implants are recommended.
- Provides patients a 3-dimensional picture of their breasts and surrounding tissues such as surrounding fat. This may convince the patient to add breast sculpting to their procedure.
- Simulation of different implant sizes and projections can all be done with Vectra 3D. This not only helps patients choose their ideal breast implant size, but the projection as well. Fully visualized outcomes are very difficult, if not impossible, to achieve preoperatively without the aid of this advanced technology.
Comprehensive/Enhanced 3-D Imaging
After taking whole-body measurements, Dr. Millard and his staff can provide you with a 3-D replica of what you can expect to look like after your breast augmentation surgery.
By the end of your consultation, you will get a complete picture of how you will look and feel after your breast augmentation.
Preparation and Procedure
During your comprehensive consultation with Dr. Millard, you will receive detailed instructions to prepare you for breast augmentation. These directions will be customized to your case and take into account the specific incision pattern that works best for your upcoming procedure.
Dr. Millard will recommend incisions based on your unique body type and choice of implant. Below are the four most common incisions for breast augmentation:
Hides scarring but risks losing some nipple sensation.
Under the Breast Crease Incision
Most common incision because the scar is somewhat hidden.
A good option for women with very little breast tissue.
The least common incision that tunnels to the chest and does not show any scarring.
Once you have discussed your incision options, Dr. Millard can walk you through the finer points of your breast augmentation procedure.
- The majority of Dr. Millard’s breast augmentation procedures are performed at the practice (at Renewal Surgery Center) on an outpatient basis.
- You can expect to be at the facility for about half of the day.
- Required check-in is 90 minutes before your surgery. You will be re-briefed on the details and given your post-operative instructions.
- Dr. Millard will come to discuss your surgery with you and place several marks on your chest to ensure accuracy in meeting your goals.
- Your breast augmentation will be performed under local anesthesia and will take about one hour to complete.
Recovery and Results
Immediately following your breast augmentation surgery, a medical professional will monitor your progress and attend to your needs. You will relax and recover in our post-operative suite for at least an hour, at which time you will be able to leave with an accompanying driver.
The results of your breast augmentation will be visible immediately. Final results will occur within a few weeks, once the implants have settled and all of the swelling is gone. Then it’s time to enjoy your new transformation and the increase in your self-confidence!
To get a glimpse of how satisfied you will be with your experience at Millard Plastic Surgery, please visit our reviews page.
The cost of your breast augmentation depends on several variables. The type of implant you desire is a major contributing factor in the final fee of the procedure. Dr. Millard will provide transparent pricing during your comprehensive consultation. In the meantime, feel free to peruse our financing page or call (303) 792-5665 with any questions you may have.
- Haws, M. J., Schwartz, M. R., Berger, L. H., & Daulton, K. L. (2014). Sientra portfolio of silimed brand shaped implants with high-strength silicone gel: a 5-year primary augmentation clinical study experience and a postapproval experience—results from a single-surgeon 108-patient series. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 134 (1S) 38S-46S. DOI: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000000346
- Tebbetts, J. B. (2006). Dual plane breast augmentation: optimizing implant-soft-tissue relationships in a wide range of breast types. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 118 (7S) 81S-98S. DOI: 10.1097/00006534-200612001-00012